Terms & Conditions
IT IS IMPORTANT TO READ THE BELOW TERMS BEFORE USING OUR WEBSITE – IT MAY BE BORING BUT ITS YOUR BUSINESS!
- Who we are and how to contact us
www.virtuallycolleagues.com (our ‘Website’) is operated, powered and owned by Virtually Colleagues Limited (‘we’, ‘us’, or ‘our’). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 12729708 and have our registered office at 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, England, WC2H 9JQ.
- We are a limited company.
To contact us, please email [email protected]
By using our Website, you accept these terms
- After you have finished reading these terms, if you continue to use our Website, we will consider your continued use as acceptance to these terms. If you do not agree or have a question about these terms, you must contact us using one of the methods set out above. Until such time as your queries are answered and/or resolved, you must not use our Website.
- We also recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
- Price and payment
- All prices stated for our packages through our Website are plus VAT. We have the right to amend or revoke this price stated at our discretion. All refunds are at our discretion.
- If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the service, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the service in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- We accept payment by all major credit cards and debit cards. You must pay the total sum in full before any services are performed. This is because we act on a money on account policy.
- How we will accept your order (The ‘Order’)
Our acceptance of your Order will ONLY take place when we send, and you receive written confirmation and an initial payment is made by you, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us (The ‘Contract’). If we are unable to accept your Order, perhaps because of a prior conflict with another Client we will inform you of this by telephone or writing and will not charge you for the Services.
- Your right to make changes
- If you wish to make a change to the instructions, please contact us. We will do all we can to affect the changes and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change.
If you decide to cancel please inform us PRIOR to the commencement of the Order. We shall always review the return of your chosen package with sympathy and understanding but all times the return of your monies is at our discretion.
Any amendments or cancellations that you wish to make to your package at any time, must be confirmed in writing.
- There are other terms that may apply to you
We have listed the below terms/policies and notices as they are equally important for you read before using our Website.
- Our Intellectual Property Notice, which sets out information about the IP on our Website.
- We may make changes to these terms and our Website
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Website, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 18 November 2020. We aim to always keep up to date and compliant so will need to also update and change our Website in general from time to time to reflect changes to our Services.
- Prohibited and unlawful or fraudulent use
You may use our Website only for lawful purposes. It is important that you are aware any prohibited and unlawful use or fraudulent use will be reported, and legal action taken against you. You must read our Intellectual Property Notice and all other notices to understand all our Intellectual Property rights to ensure you are not infringing our rights
Essentially, you must not use our Website in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation. In addition, you also must not copy (reproduce or duplicate) any part of our Website for personal use or for the purposes of re-selling in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use; this includes any unauthorised access to our Website that could potentially damage or disrupt.
- We may suspend or withdraw our Website
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. Please rest assured that we will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under these terms or any other terms within the Website.
- Compliance with laws of England and Wales
Although our Website is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom and so will comply with the laws of England and Wales, we cannot guarantee that the content and services are legally compliant or appropriate in other territories around the world.
- How you may use material on our Website
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
We will allow you to print off one copy, and you may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Website for your personal use ONLY. You may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Website such as our articles and blogs which will be made available from time to time. However, you must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way.
- We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our Website contains links to other Websites such as those of our partners, these links are provided for your information only. Although we do trust our partners, such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Other than those set out in law, we will not be held liable for any loss or damage suffered by you after visiting our Website apart from those statutory obligations and any breach thereto. All services offered to you by us are in no way contractual until such time as payment is made and the engagement letter is signed.
- How we may use your personal information
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
- We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses and cannot control the potential breach of any such bugs or viruses. This means that you are solely responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform that you use safely when accessing our Website. This means that you should use your own virus protection software to limit any potential breach.
- You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing any virus or other types of computer hacking/attacking technology that may be harmful to our Website and associated partners’ links. This includes the knowing or unknowing breach of our security, software or server of which is relied on for the running of our Website. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and in the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
- Rules about linking to our Website
There may be times when we will allow you to link to our Website. If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our Website, please contact [email protected]
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
These terms have been updated as of 18 November 2020 by Lawdit Solicitors Limited